Wednesday 1 February 2012

Digital Printers

This may be the first of many post regarding digital printers.  This week alone, a considerable amount of time has been spent googling local digital printers, getting quotes, downloading artwork, waiting for ring backs that don’t ring back, talking print resolution & dye-sublimation blah blah blah.....

As most of my stationery are to have individual illustrations, digital printing was the only option and then have them letterpressed.  So it was vital I find someone (like me) dedicated to providing quality products and services.  There are many design and print firms around today and choosing one to look after your needs can often feel like a gamble. 

A gamble no one should take on STAPLES!!!  Don't get me wrong, Staples do provide extremely good office stationery and filling solutions but after a disastrous birthday card, the only printing I would conduct in Staples is to use the 10p photocopier.  They had poor customer service, poor knowledge of the printers, my cards were poor quality, the registration was off and I would not go back – please avoid.

Ones to recommend are Negs http://www.negs.co.uk/

My old faves, I used them a lot whilst at college, very down to earth, knowledgeable, give you what you want and if not make good recommendations.  Check out there site, they do test pieces for no charge and there quotes have always been reasonable and there are student discounts.

Whilst Soho used to be very local to me, and not so much now I was now faced with a challenge of finding a local printer in the Berkshire area local to me. 

Bullseye Print & Awards are my new friends.  http://www.bullseyeuk.com/ They had an online chat with me, gave me a speedy quote for my 'diva' like demands and made this challenge simples.  Not only will I be approaching them for my press packs, but also for my digital printing of the invites.  This is made even sweeter by them sourcing the card I want or a suitable alternative.  Perfect.  I will keep you posted on the outcome. 

In my opinion Digital Printers are like a good man.... hard to find, so i suggest when you find one, keep them.  Then let me know their details so I can add them to my new section of Recommended Print Suppliers.


No comments:

Post a Comment