Monday 6 February 2012

Job Done…..

As of the Monday 5th March 2012 I will be self employed working for myself at Very Impressed.  On my life’s list of things to do be my own boss was one of them.  It has been on the horizon for a while now and now finally I’m making it happen.

I moved out of the smoke to the country for a reason, some major life shift and life losses made me think of what I really needed in my life, family & health come very high up but job satisfaction comes a close 3rd.

Having worked as a technologist for many years now, I fell in to it for the money and because I love fashion, but believe me the fashion industry can be a bitch and if you’re not tough enough you will get chewed up.  My situation is nothing like a scene from the Devil Wears Prada, far from it, and I'm most certainly not chewed up or tainted.  I love fashion and its direction I just fell out of love with fashion retail.  My last home is with Arcadia.  The mean machine of the high street, which either makes you or breaks you.  Luckily it’s made me!  And so today I handed in that lovely letter and sit here and write this with a buzz.  I’m embarking on an amazing adventure into self employment. Taking a risk, doing it for myself, my happiness my family and in honour of my mummy, who always told me to go with my heart, who believed in my creativity, who was always laughing & looking on the bright side, who isn’t here to hold my hand but is still with me.  With that and the support of my family and friends I’m not scared, but very excited &I can’t wait to share every exciting moment with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment